Indigo was the focus and background of what WinFX brings to the future. For some background of WinFx, it composes of three things...
- Windows Presentation Foundation(WPF)
- Windows Communication Foundation(WCF)
- Windows WorkFlow Foundation(WWF)
Indigo falls in the WCF model and is the new model for enterprise service communication. Indigo will take the place of ASMX, WSE, Remoting, etc. however it will remain compatible with Web Services. WSE v2.0 and Remoting will need to be upgraded to either WSE v3.0 or Indigo. Richard mentioned that three things went into designing Indigo.
- Standard API(Unified Programming Model)
- Reliable Messaging
- Compatible with existing communication services